Tuesday, March 25, 2014

An Ode to Taking Chances by Molly McAdams

Ok, so I'm going to start off by saying this......I'm dedicating the next 4 days to Molly McAdams! Her writing is AMAZING, and if I ever.....EVER need a book to make me bawl my eyes out I know I can count on Molly! So to kick off Molly McAdams week I'm going to start off with a review of Taking Chances. A-this is one of the best books I've ever read! and B-I loved it so much I decided to reread it. I needed a little bit of ugly cry in my life, and I thought----Why not read the book that wrecked me, and then follow it with reading Stealing Harper, which let's be honest here, wrecked me even more!





Taking Chances is about Harper, a college freshman whose father has never let her be her own person, and the two men that she loves. Harper travels across the country to go to college; she wants to figure out who she is and wants to get out from underneath her controlling father. Shortly after arriving at school, she finds love. Chase is completely wrong for he and keeps pushing her away, even though they have an undeniable pull between them. Brandon is perfect for Harper in every way possible. The man is a saint. You would think this would be an easy decision. Pick the guy who’s perfect. But it’s not that simple. Harper makes a decision that ends up changing her life permanently, and she also must make a decision between the man she planned on forever with and the man she can’t stay away from. Just as everything seems to have fallen into place, it all comes crashing down around Harper. Through the strength and love of the man whom she truly loves, and the family that has taken her in and made her one of their own, Harper is able to have happiness and move on with her life.




Molly McAdams captures the angst and struggle of Harper perfectly. Through Harper’s eyes, you are able to fall for both Chase and Brandon. The story literally ripped my heart out then put it back together. Taking Chances is beautiful. It’s about love; not just the love of a couple, but also the love of friends and family. The supporting cast of characters that surround Harper with love are amazing too! You will wish you had a best friend like Bree, and wish your family was like the Graysons. I cannot stress enough how great this book is. I have literally told everyone I can think of that they need to read it. 





Molly's Bio

Molly McAdams grew up in California but now lives in the oh-so-amazing state of Texas with her husband and furry daughter. Her hobbies include hiking, snowboarding, traveling and long walks on the beach, which roughly translates to being a homebody with her hubby and dishing out movie quotes. When she's not at work, she can be found hiding out in her bedroom surrounded by her laptop, cell, Kindle and fighting over the TV remote. She has a weakness for crude-humored movies, fried pickles and loves curling up in a fluffy comforter during a thunderstorm...or under one in a bathtub if there are tornados. That way she can pretend they aren't really happening.





Amazon (US) Taking Chances by Molly McAdams





















No comments:

Post a Comment