Wednesday, April 2, 2014

An Ode to Stealing Harper by Molly McAdams

Ok, so as life has a tendency to step in and make unwanted changes, last week I wasn't able to finish my Ode to Molly McAdams week! So for that, I am sorry! However, TODAY we are back on track, and I have my ode to Stealing Harper, which you could say is a reading companion to Taking Chances. It's not a continuation of Harper's story, but it is actually Chase's story from the time he met Harper. His account of what happened, and let me tell ya, this has got to be the most nerve wracking, heart wrenching book that I have ever read. Yes, you have to read Taking Chances first, it is a must! Once you read TC you already know how Stealing Harper is going to end, but it's like a train wreck, you can't look away. And just like you know what is happening, you know that you HAVE TO KNOW what was going through Chase's mind! 



Emotionally wrecked. That is the only way that I can describe how I feel after reading Stealing Harper by Molly McAdams. I feel like I have been hit with all of these painful feelings, and I am drained from all of everything. Stealing Harper is Chase’s story. Some parts of the book are alternate POV from Taking Chances while other parts are added material. To say that Chase was an asshole to Harper would be an understatement, but always….ALWAYS…underneath it all, he was in love with her from the beginning. In his eyes, he wasn’t good enough for Harper. He had so much self-hatred that he thought she’d be better off without him, even though he was in love with her, even though it killed him to not be with her. Harper changed Chase, even though she didn’t realize it. Seeing an alternate POV, you are able to go JEEZ  why didn’t you see all of these changes all along Harper? I wanted to smack both Harper and Chase in the back of the head for their stubbornness and for the emotional roller coaster that felt so intense that I could feel it in my soul. I won’t give anything away, other than this book will literally kill you. If you are like me, and you FEEL everything that you read, if you are someone who feels like they are truly in the books that they read, then you will be as emotionally wrecked as I am right now. Chase’s love for Harper was such a beautiful thing, but they wasted so much time playing games, that it hurt. I hurt for them, and my heart aches now. Definitely a must read book, AFTER you’ve read Taking Chances, of course. It is beyond 5 stars in my book. And just a warning, you will ugly cry! That’s a promise! 


Molly's Bio

Molly McAdams grew up in California but now lives in the oh-so-amazing state of Texas with her husband and furry daughter. Her hobbies include hiking, snowboarding, traveling and long walks on the beach, which roughly translates to being a homebody with her hubby and dishing out movie quotes. When she's not at work, she can be found hiding out in her bedroom surrounded by her laptop, cell, Kindle and fighting over the TV remote. She has a weakness for crude-humored movies, fried pickles and loves curling up in a fluffy comforter during a thunderstorm...or under one in a bathtub if there are tornados. That way she can pretend they aren't really happening.


No comments:

Post a Comment