Monday, April 21, 2014

An Ode to Lussuria by SJ Molloy

Today’s ode is to the wonderful SJ Molloy and the re-release of her book Lussuria. This book is amazing. It is one of the best books I have ever read. It’s got everything I need to fall in love with a book. There’s great writing, which is definitely a must. An amazing romance story, twisted past, sweet leading man who is slightly broken and who is also extremely hot, and a great cast of characters. This book will leave you wanting more! 


Lussuria Review

ARC was given by the author in return for honest review!

File this book under “O” for OUTSTANDING! I previously read Lussuria by SJ Molloy, and I gave it 5 stars. I didn’t think it could possibly get any better…I was WRONG! Ms. Molloy has made some revisions and edits and this new version is better than ever before! The story of Lexi Robertson and Lucca Caruso is amazing! It will knock your socks off! You will be folded, crumbled, and melted for Lucca Caruso, just like me! It doesn’t take much, just some amazing blue eyes and his sweet words, and you’ll be a goner. I surely am!

Lexi, a physiotherapist with her own clinic, meets the amazing Lucca when he comes in needing his back examined. He is immediately smitten with her; even with tears in her eyes and her standoffish nature, she is the most interesting woman he’s ever met. Lexi automatically feels drawn to this man, even though she’s never felt drawn to anyone before. She continuously turns Lucca down, but he is the most persistent man on the face of the earth. Lexi tries to put this Italian God out of her mind so she can enjoy her upcoming vacation in Italy, but when she gets the surprise of her life and finds Lucca at the same villa as herself, she freaks out. Lexi had a very dark and sad childhood. It doesn’t take much to spook her, especially when it comes to men. Good thing Lucca is as persistent as he is, because he’s not giving up on getting his Dolcezza. Lexi and Lucca both have darkness in their lives, yet they manage to find a way to become each other’s light.

This book is one of my all time favorites. I love Lucca as much as he loves his gelato and his Dolcezza.  He’s extravagant and indulgent, but he is also loving and kind. I love his explanation about diamonds, and his need to give them to Lexi all the time. I always thought of diamonds as being something hard and cold until I saw them through the eyes of Lucca Caruso! The love story of Lucca and Lexi is very much whirlwind, but it is very beautiful. I loved every second of this book, even the dark parts. I absolutely LOVED the supporting characters, and cannot wait to see what the rest of the series has in store for everyone! The book leaves you feeling like things are going great, until the epilogue, and then there is a little bit of cliffhanger. SJ Malloy has left me wanting more, and I can’t wait.


The re-release of Lussuria is scheduled for April 27th, and book 2, L’amore is scheduled to come out on June 1st. Be sure to get your copies, because this is a series that you do not want to miss! 




Lussuria Excerpt

“Yes, so where are we staying?” I ask.

“It is a surprise,” he says, kissing my lips.

I still quiver under his soft, sensual touch. I hope to have this feeling forever, and I pray that when we go home the stress and obstacles I’m challenged with will not affect our relationship. It has been lovely and secure here, but I’m preparing to face my reality very soon. Standing outside the farmhouse, I sigh; appreciating everything I have experienced and learned here. The pleasures and the heartaches. The steps I’ve taken still seem indescribable.

Trust.

Acceptance.

Forgiveness.

From all of the cataloguing and filing, the biggest chapter at the front of my mental library is my heart-to-heart with Cameron. Not only was that a revelation for me to discover his ghosts, it was a breakthrough that I managed to tell about mine. All because of one little book. 

My journal.

Lucca puts his arms around me. “Do not worry, we will be back anytime you want. It is ours.” He kisses my temple.


SJ's Bio


SJ Molloy, first time British Author of ‘The Luminara Series’ was born in Edinburgh, Scotland. As a young child, her family moved and raised her in Lanarkshire, Scotland where she currently resides with her husband, two daughters and her energetic, hyperactive loving gun dog who is utterly spoiled.

SJ is a qualified Fitness Instructor and Health & Fitness Motivator of various fitness styles and disciplines. Music and dance aerobics have always been a pleasure and passion for her. SJ will sporadically make up dance style routines at any hour of the day when a move comes to her or piece of music moves or inspires her.  Currently not teaching classes, she is focusing her time into nurturing her yearning passion for creative writing, exchanging one visualisation for another. 

As a child, SJ loved to write in journals and make up short stories and has a flare for all things creative. With an overactive imagination at times, SJ adores to make notes, visualise scenes and settings to create characterisations. 

While on holiday with her family one summer reading book after book, she had a flash of inspiration and has had various ideas whirling around in her mind ever since. It was not until she pulled back on teaching classes that she found the courage, time and insight into actually bringing these ideas to life. 

In February 2013 she decided to bring that imagination to light by beginning her writing  journey with ‘Lussuria’ the first instalment in ‘The Luminara Series’ available from late October 2013.

Being a self-confessed book junkie, she loves nothing better than to get lost in an emotional and moving book. A true romantic at heart, her guilty pleasure is reading heart-warming, passionate stories and falling in love with her favourite fictional characters. 

With seven books already mapped out in ‘The Luminara Series’, SJ’s busy creative mind has already planned two more fictitious novels, both stand-alone romance books and very different in their own right.

When she is not writing or reading, spending time with family and friends or exercising and walking her dog, SJ loves all things practical and creative. Dancing, music, cooking, travelling, good food and wine and painting are her favourite past times along with laughter, lots and lots of laughter. 







No comments:

Post a Comment