Friday, April 4, 2014

An Ode to Forgiving Lies and Deceiving Lies by Molly McAdams

So today is a joint ode to Forgiving Lies and Deceiving Lies by Molly McAdams. These two books are AMAZING! Of course, there isn't anything that I've read by Molly McAdams that I don't like. What can I say, she's one of my absolute FAVE authors! Her books are actually about the connection and the love between two people, and not all about the hot sex! And I'm a person who needs substance in my books, if it's a book with nothing but people getting it on, I'm bored! I'm NEVER EVER bored with a Molly McAdams book! And I'm sure you won't be either! I know you'll love Kash & Rach as much as I do! So these books are definite MUST READ 5 Star books!



Forgiving Lies Review

I have been completely blown away once again by Molly McAdams and her amazingness!!! Forgiving Lies made me laugh - a lot. It also made me cry, made me cuss at the kindle, and left me with a hangover so huge that I can’t even THINK about reading something else right now. I am left reeling from the emotional roller coaster that I have spent the last few days on, and I couldn’t be happier about it! I will warn you, however, you are left with a cliffhanger. Thank God the next book comes out in a few weeks, otherwise I’d be left dying a little inside! 
Forgiving Lies is about undercover cop Logan Kash Ryan and the girl he falls hard for, Rachel Masters. Kash, as he prefers to be called, knows he shouldn’t get involved with anyone while undercover because he can never be truly honest about himself, but that doesn’t stop things from getting serious and fast with Rachel. She starts out as just a friend, even though from the very start they both feel something deeper. Kash is worried that his lies, which he reasons are for Rachel’s protection, will ruin them in the end. Rachel has her own secrets, and Kash has it set in his mind that he will know everything about her. Their relationship is fun, hot, and just amazing. Yes they have their flaws, but they are perfect for each other. I LOVE LOVE LOVE how Kash is so protective over Rach, and I love it when he calls her “woman”. And in turn, I love how Rach is independent, but at the same time she can’t live without Kash. They are amazing together, but miserable apart! 
This book has a few awesome supporting characters, and I definitely would LOVE to see Mason, Kash’s best friend and partner, get his own book! The guy is hilarious, but he is also very loving and fiercely loyal when it comes to Rachel. She’s like his little sister! Candice, Rachel’s best friend, made me want to punch her in her cheerleader Barbie face most of the time, but in the end she wasn’t so bad. 
This book is one of the best books I have read in a while. As always Molly McAdams delivered!! This book has it all, and then some!! And of course, listen to the playlist! Listening to certain songs made the experience that much better!! I will warn you, there are a few twists and turns that will make you scream or cry or both, but it is so worth it in the end! I can’t wait for book 2, Deceiving Lies, to come out. This is a definite MUST READ book!! Now get to it, y’all RTFN!!! 

Favorite Quote: “No one has ever made me feel like my heart is flying away but still holding me to this earth. No one has ever made me feel so in love and terrified at the same time. No one, until you.” –Rachel



Deceiving Lies Review

Molly McAdams continues to blow me away! With each new book she publishes, I am astounded more and more by her amazing talent! In Deceiving Lies we are brought back into the pancake and Sour Patch Kid filled world of Kash and Rachel! Just when things are looking up for this couple, vacation in a few weeks, wedding shortly after that, and happily ever after, the unthinkable happens! As we learned at the end of Forgiving Lies, Rachel is kidnapped as part of a vendetta against Kash and Mason. After reading Deceiving Lies, we now know why. Rachel is held captive for over a month, being guarded very safely by her captor, Trent, who refuses to let anything happen to her. What Kash doesn’t know is that his Sour Patch is perfectly in safe. In typical fashion for Molly McAdams, the Queen of Ugly Cries, this emotional roller coaster of a book had me laughing one chapter and bawling my eyes out the next! This book is an amazing story of love, and of a couple finding their way back to each other, no matter what. If you haven’t read book 1 in this series, Forgiving Lies, I highly recommend it! These two books are MUST READS, and Deceiving Lies is one of the best books I’ve read this year!! I have to say, I am desperate for Mason’s story. I’m not ready to let go of this amazing cast of characters just yet!


Molly's Bio

Molly McAdams grew up in California but now lives in the oh-so-amazing state of Texas with her husband and furry daughter. Her hobbies include hiking, snowboarding, traveling and long walks on the beach, which roughly translates to being a homebody with her hubby and dishing out movie quotes. When she's not at work, she can be found hiding out in her bedroom surrounded by her laptop, cell, Kindle and fighting over the TV remote. She has a weakness for crude-humored movies, fried pickles and loves curling up in a fluffy comforter during a thunderstorm...or under one in a bathtub if there are tornados. That way she can pretend they aren't really happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment